Monday 28 April 2008

Is that really the time???

How is it 1pm? Seriously, it was 9.30am just minutes ago! Well, two hundred and ten minutes ago anyway! Don't get me wrong; I love that the morning went so fast because it means there is less time to wait until Fathership's return to assist with the taming of the beasts but...

Well fuck, I am still in my pajamas for one! H2 has been fed, changed, changed, fed, washed, changed, argued with and put to bed twice (albeit unsuccessfully) and H1 is also still in his night attire complete with Vegemite smears from lunch - or was it breakfast, I've lost track!

I simply have not stopped today and yet have precious little to show for it. The living room looks like the product of a recent home invasion and I look like Orphan Annie - except that she was cute. There's just no structure, no routine. I was never terribly organised but this is unbelievable! How are two tiny human beings ruling my domain so thoroughly? All I do is race from one to the other, trying to placate and abate. I'm rather like a politician really. I lie, I cheat, I simper, I bullshit... If only I had the wage! And that's the pissiest part; I work my tail off and get sweet FA for it, nada!

Ok, so that's not true. I get masses of "cuddools", kisses, heart wrenching grins and kooky giggles. Like having a chauffeur, PA, corporate lunches and eight day fortnights could ever top that! Ok Ren, stop thinking too hard, la la la, I'd hate it, I would! It'd be boring and loathsome and...

3 comments:

Slender Octopus said...

You have no idea how much better I feel reading your post...very timely as DH just went back to work today...DS is 7 weeks...and DD has just turned 3 and suddenly become a teenager the last few weeks...and really hoping its just a phase...Its nearly 4 so I'm thinking NOT TOO long to go....thanks for your postxx

Ellie said...

Your just trying to justify the fact that you love to spend all day in your pj's. This just fluffs it all up with fancy words - nice try Mothership I see right through you.

Mothership said...

Oh dear slender octopus; if you're anything like me, you would have been DREADING that first day without the backup! I still feel rather scared in the mornings!

ellie, ellie, ellie; you know me too well! My PJs, in fact, have gotten holes in them of late (they are getting so much wear!)