Tuesday 25 March 2008

You know you have wealthy homies when...

Driving with Fathership today, we were discussing a friend of mine whom I've not spoken to in a while. I mentioned that the last time I saw him I'd not had the opportunity to chat at all and there was a chance he thought I'd given him the royal brush off. Fathership wanted to know if maybe I'd been in touch electronically - which I had already tried.

"He's not replied yet and that was about a fortnight ago." I said, thinking that indeed, I must be in the shit.

"Oh." says Fathership, all noncommittal.

So I say "Yep, I reckon he's cross with me... Either that or he's in Europe."

Silence in the car. I look at Fathership, he looks at me. We both laugh like dickheads at the reality of what I've just said.

He sure is a rich fucker, that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Except on my case, it's rich relatives. Close, but not close enough to get a piece of the action.

Sigh.

Ellie said...

Sorry but you have lucked out with this homie...

Anyway Europe is sooo last year.

Mothership said...

But hissychick, surely you'll make it into a will somewhere along the line?!

ellie, I love you for your looks, not your cash. :P