Friday 7 March 2008

Roll over Susie Homemaker...

'Cause I just fucking vacuumed!!! I cannot believe how hideously proud of myself I am - and how ashamed, disgusted and somewhat embarrassed I am that I feel so proud! All of a sudden my lounge area looks mammoth! I truly had no idea there was so much floor space.

Now for those of you playing at home, yes, I am predominantly a stay at home mum but with a rascally two year old and a 15 week old who has not yet learnt the art of sleeping, completing simple daily tasks has been taken to a new dimension - seriously, some of the food I have prepared in recent weeks would stand your hair on end. Hey, at least I am preparing meals right? I mean, the RSI in my index finger from chronic dinner dialling actually seems to have eased of late.

So where was I? Oh yes, the floors! Well they looked so damn fine that I just couldn't help myself; I dusted the entertainment unit - and not just with one of those fluffy dusting scenarios that merely moves the dust to a new place, no siree, I actually wiped it away with a cloth - sprayed with furniture polish!!! Oh Lordy, what a buzz! Who knew that thing was crafted from timber?!? :P

Right about now I am thanking my lucky stars I don't have flour and similar nonsense in the kitchen 'cause who knows the shit I might bake?! Marion Cunningham, eat your heart out! Okily dokes, have to run! I simply must get to the salon to have my hair set in preparation for the man of house's return. I have shirts to press and silverware to buff...

Actually, bugger all of that. A shower would be bliss.

PS. Baby Girl, if you're reading Mama's blog, today need not be the only day you experiment with napping. I would be just as happy to feel this elated, ohhhhhh, dare I say, once a week?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a woman after my own heart.
And you're one step ahead of me too. I just got the vacuum out of the laundry and am about to declare it all too difficult and make myself a double gin and tonic, I mean cup of herbal tea.

PS I heart your blog.

Emma said...

Then you can imagine how I feel after vacuuming AND MOPPING! my floors this morning! Admittedly Eleanor reminds me repeatedly how filthy they were, by commando-crawling; I threatened to dress her in grey!)

Oh, and I baked, too - we had visitors. Sponge cake and brownies...

In response to your commenst opn my blog; yes Eleanor had loads of hair at birth; she still has a lot but her new hair has gradually replaced that dark mop, and it's quite a bit lighter.

Ellie said...

What are you trying to make all us mere mortals feel guilty for dust and dirty floors

Mothership said...

Ooh thank you hissychick; you are lovely! I hope your "herbal tea" did the trick! I could have used a few myself by this evening. :O

Emma, oh woe and alas, why must you better me?!?! Tell me you only defilthed the floors due to your imminent visitors...