Wednesday 3 September 2008

Oh how I love her

I am just consumed.

As I hold her sleeping form against my chest, I am overwhelmed with the need to protect her. I squeeze her in to me, as tightly as I dare without waking her. I look to the future and hope, wish, pray that she will confide in me and allow me to continue my protection.

She is a comical soul and has the warmest brown eyes; so unlike my own very pale blue. I could just look at her all day long and sometimes, I do. Did I ever expect to love like this? Could I have known my heart would swell so much it's barely contained within my chest? The fatigue, the stress, the worry... it's nothing really, not when I have her.

Ahh, I'd like to stop the clock, just for a short while. I'm not ready for her to change quite yet. I love the tenacity she displays trying to walk a little before she's really ready. I'm in awe of the physical strength her perfect body displays. I delight in the adoration she has for her boisterous big brother; he's too young yet to know the magnitude of this bond.

How on earth did I get something so right?




6 comments:

Jenn said...

:)

Ellie said...

That's beautiful.

Shannon said...

Oh stop it would you? I nearly ovulated just reading that...

Jodie said...

Oh that's just the sweetest thing!!

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Is there *anything* more perfect in teh world than those moments, when you're simply consumed with love for them?

I had one last night with Samuel. I just held him, long after he'd succumbed to sleep, not ready to let the moment pass.

Nice to hear from you again, Ren. :)

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous. Makes up for the toddler antics that will be sneakingup on you before you know it!

Nice to see you posting again :)