Wednesday 9 July 2008

A letter from our esteemed government

And really, the first two sentences are all you need, to get an idea of how things are going at Camp Rudd. (Well, technically three sentences, I suppose, but I digress...)

Dear Mrs Mothership

1) Your family has been assessed as being eligible for Child Care Benefit.

2) Your rate of Child Care Benefit, or how much you can be paid, is zero.

Well shit, he's just gone troppo in the generosity stakes, no? And wouldn't the second statement mean that I wasn't, in fact, eligible???

Two pieces of A4 paper, a window DL envelope and the price of postage - all to tell me... well, I'm fucked if I know!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Ditto here. Maybe we're eligible to receive two pages of tree-wasting paper???

Simone said...

C'mon!- he provides humour and blog fodder .

You are therfore eligible for a good laugh at your own expense

Simone said...

Have to add: I just got one that said something along the lines of

"you have not lodged a tax return and therefore you have to pay back all overpayments"

"Please not that you may be fined if you do not repay $0.00 owing"

It gets funnier and funnier - considering they have not yet paid us a cent since my children were born and therefore they owe us!