Sunday 13 July 2008

She comes bearing gifts...

I think.

Friday night is Em Eye Ell night - which, for those of you playing at home, stands for Mother In Law. H1 awaits her arrival with much anticipation and Fathership and I, well, we are slightly less enthusiastic. I suspect she is aware of this and so softens the blow each week with an offering of some kind. This week it was bananas. Please see below.

I'm sure she thinks we love the donations she makes to our diet but I'm struggling to be excited. Would it be rude to ask for money instead?

I'm afraid of getting old.

4 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

is it rude if i'm laughing? hehe

make them into caramelised bananas and have them with cream or icecream :D but don't get too excited ;p

Ellie said...

Tell me they're organic or a really really exotic breed of banana because seriously who brings fruit that looks ready for the bin? (okay that is a rhetorical question...no need to answer)

Emma said...

You never fail to have me laughing tears! Maybe she thinks they're still in shortage after the cyclone??? Save them for next week's dessert, and tell her that, "bananas usually last a week"!

Jenn said...

They're perfect for banana cake but perhaps suggest next time she makes the cake first...