Tuesday 22 July 2008

You are cordially invited to...

cut my frikken tongue out!

Seriously.

H2 and I were having a leisurely stroll about the shops today, just quietly chillin' out.

Stumbled across another pram pushing mum and made the requisite mumsy small talk. Blah blah di blah. She had already seen H2 and made her giggle so I thought it only polite I pay her little boy some attention.

How did I do that? Well, so glad you asked. I looked at him, smiled and said "Oh... He's an interesting looking baby, isn't he?"

What the fuck??? How is that an acceptable comment to make!? What was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn't.

The worst part of all is that I didn't mean it in an unpleasant way. He really did just have unusual features; almost like an older child rather than a baby. The problem with situations such as this though is that the harder you try to dig yourself out, the deeper and deeper you get.

I couldn't get away fast enough... Possibly because I had one foot in my mouth.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until it is your own child making such a comment....

Simone said...

He was a he wasn't he? So you didn't put both feet in your mouth!

The amount of people who tell me my boys are girls and when I say boys they say "are you sure?" makes "interesting" OK in my mind! LOL

Shannon said...

Oh I really did LOL at that...

Mothership said...

"Are you sure"?!? That's too good Simone, bwahahaha!